Friday, January 25, 2008

Sarah's Review...


Going with PMA for my bridal hair and makeup was honestly one the best decisions I made for the wedding. I cannot express enough how incredibly awesome Maria and her staff are.

First of all, Maria is an incredibly talented hair and makeup artist. Maria herself is Latina (despite her Chinese last name), but she does Asian makeup incredibly well. She listened to all my concerns and ideas and came up with a look that I loved and was truly me. I didn't want to look overdone but wanted a look that was dressed up enough to look really good in pictures, and she accomplished just that.

The day of the wedding, I felt like I really looked like myself, but perhaps a version of me from 1920's Shanghai :) Maria and Sue did a fabulous job with my bridesmaids' hair as well, capturing exactly the look that I wanted that went incredibly well with their dresses. But Maria goes way above and beyond this. Most makeup artists would leave right after getting all the girls ready. But Maria and her wonderful assistant Tanya stayed with us until after the ceremony.
She touched up my makeup all throughout our pre-wedding pictures, touched me up after the ceremony, helped me change my hair piece for the reception. Not only that, but she helped my bridesmaid with their dresses, provided double sided tape to make the dresses secure, helped one of my bridesmaids cover up her tatoos, pinned the boutonnieres onto the guys' suits, applied lipstick on the girls (even though I didn't pay for makeup for the girls).

She made sure that we stuck to the timeline and got us to the church in time. And this is all part of her service. As for as price goes, PMA is definitely on the upper end of the range. But honestly, PMA is worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment love!